Countdown to Coachella

Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Happy Holidays



Merry Christmas & Happy New Years! Hope everyone is enjoying the time spent with family and good friends.

As far as today's subject goes, I thought to share some ideas and books that I found in a book called "Static" (written by many of the same people from "Democracy Now!") I got it from my neighbor while we were both whining about how liberal CNN can be at times, and what a bunch of b*ll*cks they spout out. I've never been one (IMHO) to be overly critical of our President George "The Decider" Bush. Rarely have I been able to come up with appropriate solutions in my own head to fix the complicated problems our nation is facing.

I've also found that many, if not MOST, who monotonously murmur about the injustices of the Iraq war haven't a clue how to solve the problem. Of coarse it is important to address the problem--that is the first step to solving it--however, there have been few that have stood up to give viable solutions. It seems to me Americans are pretentiously expecting some panacea that will fix all our problems. "If we just get out, everything will fix itself", or "Nuke the whole ****** place" was another one I heard.

With rumors of Iraq becoming the next Vietnam floating about, there hasn't been much "deciding" going on from our "DECIDER". Static addresses a lot of the propaganda failures in Iraq, and also the blowback that those failures have sent to the US. While being somewhat politically naive and immature, I still found this book to be incredibly interesting, despite the slandering tone that it uses for our President. It reveals some of the most interesting stories about how Bush Administration has used its muscle to weave a tangled web, in order to choke out media coverage IT deemed inappropriate or unfavorable.

Music:

On a lighter note, just want to promote this again for any of those who haven't cemented their NYE plans.


One word: Giant Maximus
Best Line-up to hit SoCal in a long time....




and I am going to miss it...

No comments: