Countdown to Coachella

Sunday, March 25, 2007

My Secret Crush

So, many of us have heard one of the great tracks of late 06' early 07' "Amnesia Brothers feat. Jennifer Rene - Louder ". Blake Jarrel did a killer remix of this track no? Anyhow, I loved the uniqueness of this girls voice, and it was a fresh new voice to the dance music scene. She got hooked up with Jose Amnesia by my friend Arturo B. (you're a good man!), and before she knew it she was doing her first track.

Blake Jarrel's remix really exploded the track on the scene and I was totally hooked on this girls voice after this. Her voice is so clear, and not overwhelming; the perfect accompaniment to some good dance tracks.

I thought to put some comments in a recent interview with Jennifer her in this post.

It seems that you are on the right path in regards to dance music right now. Where do you see yourself headed in this industry ?


Jennifer Rene: After many years of indecision and an attempt at college, I was still stuck wandering what it was I was meant to do with my life. A year ago, it literally slapped me in the face. Music. The dream of it all suddenly started to seem not so far fetched the more I practiced the reality of itself. I want to do it all. I want to continue singing my heart out. I’m almost ready to start the DJ part of it, and I want to be able to travel the world playing and singing music for people to give them the rush on the dancefloor we all so deeply reach for. I want to see my name in the top 20 on the DJMag 100 someday. Yes, I have my faith I will get there! One day I will turn to producing and remixing as well. It’s crazy all the ideas I have even now of songs I want to do a bootleg for or tracks to mashup or melodies and beats I get in my head and think “Man I wish I could throw this down in Logic now!” I really want to be a stand out female in this music genre as its so dominated by men. I want to get recognition for being a female artist. Where they say “Who’s the guy that’s spinning now? HOLY S*** its a female!” I also want to be able to take some of the dance music I do and push it towards a more commercial dance crowd. It’s just a matter of getting that right sound to the right hands for the right widespreading to the masses, and then their ears will open and they will follow. Dance music is on the rise and will prevail! Most importantly, I want all of this as my career and have dedicated my entire life to my love for it. I will be playing music into the night up until the point they scream “Get that grandma off the decks!”

Armin's recent ASOT recently featured several of Jennifer's new tracks, including my personal favorite "Jose Amnesia feat. Jennifer Rene - Wouldn't Change A Thing (Blake Jarrell 190dB Remix)". I love the prog/house just as much as the next person, but honestly I really have a soft spot in my heart for those vocalists that are often featured in the EDM scene. I will definitely be following this girls career as she continues to blossom. Best of luck to you Jennifer!

Music:
Armin van Buuren - A State of Trance Episode 293
Since it is now popular to bash on ASOT, I hope that none of you will be offended that I am featuring it here. If you listen to the set, it is really a very well done set, and is one of my favorite ASOT's this year. In the beginning several of Jennifer's tracks are played, and it a great start. ENJOY!!!

No comments: