Countdown to Coachella

Thursday, March 08, 2007

Nonsensical Midlake Madness!

Went and bought my ticket to go see Midlake tomorrow night. Looking forward to a good time, of nonsensical lyrics and talented musicians. Their last record "Trials of Van Occupanther" was introduced to me by a friend, and I have grown to like this a lot. They have a real fresh sound, and it is a great listen to put you in a mellow mood, and without exaggerating, I would say it is one of the best albums I've listened to in years.

All of the band members are in fact very talented musicians who all play an assortment of instruments, ad it all combines together for a very rolling mellow musical experience. It is the kind of music that you just don't have to take seriously to enjoy. It blows my mind when I turn on the radio stations and listen to the absolute crap that is enjoyed by so many. Club-rap, really can only be enjoyed at the club to be honest, and even then I would avoid it usually just because it spells hoodrats and trouble!

The weather is finally becoming tolerable here in UT, the depressing snow and cold is abating to some refreshing spring warmth. Gah, it is amazing the change in outlook and attitude as Spring approaches. There are some that argue that weather should not affect your moods, but for me, it is unavoidable. When the warm returns, I feel a ease, I guess it must have something to do with returning to my 'natural habitat'. Hah!

Nu vill jag skriva på svenska, för att jag har inte gjort det i länge! Det suger faktiskt att jag har inte så många svensk kompisar att snacka med, men 仕方がないね?Ibland så lyssnar jag till www.sr.se och det känts skönt att höra ren svenska igen. Men, i alla fall, idag har jag tänkt mycket på ilska och vrede. Det finns ingenting som är mer älskande och mild än människor, men på samma gång finns det ingenting som är mer grymt och elak än människor. "Livet liger på godhet och harmoni, inte med fasa och skräck, utan med kärlek, som blir ett band av gemensam bistånd."

Om man kan inte behärska sin vrede, gör det inget. Jag har sett många som använder sin vrede för att låta mäktigt och sånt, men om man kan inte resonera med sina känslor så han en idiot.
Det är som en soldat, om man kan kontrollera honom, så är han av mycket värd. Men, om han gör vadsomhelst han vill, så är han ingenting, till och med han kanske blir obehagligt ね?

Det är best om man bara slå sina börjande irritationer tillbaka, än att ge dem plats i sin hjärta. Så tro jag!

Music:

Midlake - Van Occupanther

The Hotel Lights - A.M. Slow Golden Hit

Two great tracks, I believe I have already given enough praise to Midlake, but 'The Hotel Lights', are also another great band that was formed in the radioactive fallout of Ben Folds 5. The tune also just has a great rolling melody with some retro sounds in it. I love the clap snare that is prevalant and carries the song throughout. Well composed pieces here! ENJOY!

No comments: