Countdown to Coachella

Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Scoot em' off to Prison

We'll jury's in, and Libby is guilty. It would definitely take a stretch of the imagination, or some sort of 'step through the looking glass experience' to think otherwise. But it is unlikely that he is going to get roasted too bad in the slammer. I mean, if he still gets convicted after all the appeals I am betting the maximum sentence is going to be three years.

Big Whoop!

I mean, it's not like this guy robbed a 7-Eleven. He lied to a grand jury about his responsibilities and his job... and then claims his 'I forgot' bs. He and his wife should be very thankful for those three years, considering in all possibility it could have been 25 years. What will really cook me is if President Bush gives him a presidential pardon. However I doubt it will happen, because Bush is already roasted by the American public as is.

My favorite quote so far is: Wilson, whose wife left the CIA after she was exposed, said, "Convicting him of perjury was like convicting Al Capone of tax evasion or Alger Hiss of perjury. It doesn't mean they were not guilty of other crimes." Hah!

Music:

Daft Punk is rumored to be making a come back to North America!!! Although, I will admit the credibility of this is questionable, here is the tentative schedule that is floating around the net:

7/21 LA- Sports Arena
7/27 Berkeley- Greek Theatre
7/29 Seattle- Wamu Center

7/31 Denver- Red Rocks
8/3 Chicago- Lollapalooza

8/5 Toronto- Arrow Hall

8/7 Montreal- Bell Centre
8/9 NYC- Keyspan Park


I could think of worse places that they could have the performance, I mean I think that the LA Sports Arena will do okay, although the acoustics there are miserable in my honest opinion. I just hope a bunch of the candy-kids don't come to wave their mickey-mouse gloves at DP for this one. Still, I AM SO STOKED! People will be talking about their Coachella performance for the next 10 years. Mindblowingly good.

WMC
: Is going to be kicking off pretty soon, and I am happy to see that www.tranceaddict.com is sponsoring "A Night with Sander Van Doorn"! Cheers to TA. I wish I could hit up WMC, but being as my university has boycotted the wonderful idea of Spring Break, this is impossible to say the least. Plus I already blew a ton of money on Coachella tickets. Miami would be at least 1K in trans/tickets/food/hotel etc... Maybe in the future years! *dream*

No comments: