Countdown to Coachella

Sunday, April 15, 2007

Things are getting better!

Sunday Hodge Podge:
An eclectic group of articles that have caught my eye over the past few days. A real post later on this week. Gearing' up for finals so short on time currently.

Things are Getting Better - A great read from the journal New Republic, which is in my opinion a pretty liberal magazine in general, but nonetheless, a great read here. I think that because we often hear of violence so often we would think that it is increasing. I would just say, that there is still too much...

Atheist's Wager - Interesting, nothing real 'new' in the argument for or against a belief in God, but being as I don't use this as blog as a plug for my own or anyone else's religion, I will simply sum up my thoughts as this:

Without being prideful, I feel Atheism is in part a result from a flawed understanding of God. It is because the person (like many Christians even...) doesn't really understand what God is. It seems to me that many base their disbelief because they are told God has x,y,z, characteristics, but fail to see how these attributes are apparent and demonstrated in the world here. I would compare it to someone who received the wrong prescription for their glasses. More often than not, the wrong prescription is a result of pride, disappointment, OR more importantly false conflicting beliefs inside Christianity. However, in order to really understand and see things as they are and will be we need to have the correct framework to 'get' what is going on.

Calvin & Hobbes - Who doesn't love C&H? Here is a Q&A about em'.

No comments: