Countdown to Coachella

Sunday, May 13, 2007

The Sunday Read

The Sunday Read: occasionally I like to post links to a few though provoking interesting reads that have sparked my interest over the week. Hopefully you will find some merit to reading these although some are longer than others.

Why Do Men Stupefy Themselves - an interesting read one that I hadn't gotten around to (among the many!!! I Haven't even cracked open War & Peace yet... hehe). However, Leo Tolstoy wrote a great piece hear about alcohol and tobacco usage and his opinions concerning it. I feel that perhaps his reasoning behind all of it could span the depth of not only alcohol and tobacco, but also any narcotic substance.

I am not necessarily saying that Tolstoy's reasoning is correct here, but rather I think his observations are pretty spot on with mine. Although my interpetation is a bit different.

Convienent Skin Cancer Therapy - It will affect most of us (I believe the odds are like 1:4) at some point in our life. It makes me happy to know that there are people who are alieviating the pain that is usually required to treat most types of skin cancer.

What is Google? - Short read from a well-known French philosopher, has some interesting thoughts about what google is (yes, we all know it's a search engine...)

There were some other things I read, but none of them really seem relevant now, thus I'll leave the list short and sweet.


As usual I have to do a little music plug for the LA/OC-ites:

7/14/07 - Giant Village - Armin van Buuren in downtown LA, should be a good time, specially considering Armin will play an 8hr set. Very excited. BUY HERE

7/20/07 - PVD @ Vanguard - I shan't pass up a great couple hours w/ Paul on the Funktion One system! BUY HERE

No comments: