Countdown to Coachella

Sunday, May 20, 2007

Karen > Pam

And now, for the Sunday Read. This weeks is just a few short articles, as I found myself with a little less free time on my hands this week.

Painting Music - No this is unfortunately not the release of "Painting the Silence" (good track though), instead it is a really interesting interactive flash program that allows you to visually paint your music. The visuals are nothing stunning (this isn't as much of a trip as MilkDrop), but it still provides a good 10min+ of entertainment combining different instruments on the canvas messing w/ delay times, etc... Have fun!

Einstein: His Life & Universe - An interesting article that sums up some intersting facts about Ein's life in a very general sort of way... I enjoyed reading it, being as I have yet to read the Wiki on him. This is good for those that don't have the strength to read a full biography. A great four page summary! "It is important to foster individuality," he said, "for only the individual can produce the new ideas."

Ron Paul on CNN
- Interesting youtube clip from CNN interviewing Ron Paul. I thought the dialogue was interesting, and am not supporting Ron as a presidential hopeful. My vote is still up in the air. I don't know who I want to win office... I just enjoy a person who says what he thinks without worrying about stepping on the toes of his party members.


The Office
Aside from the Sunday read, I would just have to praise the season finale of The Office. However, before the praise: Now, I'm not one to become involved in stupid things like, fictional relationships on TV sitcoms but I just have to say that Karen > Pam, in an infinate number of ways. That being said, the last scene is priceless! "We're done." ..... "whaa?". Beautifully executed. Gah that other girl is so irritating = dumped = awesome. The math in this article is indeed revolutionary, no?

Music
Jon O'Bir's May Promo Mix (right-click save as)
As for upcoming events! Anyone going to go see Filo & Peri @ Circus on Saturday? Not sure I am gunna hit up them, but definitely going to be in LA-la land for Jon O'Bir next Saturday. Woohoo, I grabbed his may Promo mix, and love it! Congrats to him for getting his radio show on Florida's 93.5 Dance FM too, keep up the good work!

As for other music news, Smashing Pumpkins' new CD is due out in a bit (July 10th), and I found a nice stream of their track 'Tarantula" here. Enjoy! Played on KROQ, I'm not sold on it, but perhaps it will grow on me.

Up and Coming: Rants and Raves in Swedish, End of the Neo-con's, Having fun with AI (Alt.Inv, not Artf.Intl.) Vi ses!

No comments: